Saturday 25 January 2020

Docchi mo Maid

 And now for something completely different:


I found the amazing "Docchi mo Maid" ONA while looking through some of the worst rated shows on MAL, because as my policy stands "all MAL scores should be inverted". And so this treasure, rated a 4.33, equates to a 5.67 in my books: pretty good!

There did exists awful meme-subs available for streaming, but nothing soft subbed and nothing watchable. So I took it upon myself to give the translation a go myself. It might not be perfect but I tried my best. Due to the nature of the production, a lot of lines are either muffled or just blundered, so sometimes I had to go with whatever my best judgement was.

The ONA itself is a treat. It's aesthetic and the focus of its parody are wholly attune to my own tastes and it reeks of early 2000 flash animations. I sure enjoyed it but it probably isn't up many people's alleyway.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home